( ! ) Reference photo. This product is not in stock. It will be manufactured and customized exclusively for you, so it is a non-returnable product. Please read additional pre-order information and terms and conditions. Product and materials 100% Colombian. ( ! )
The deepest bass flute in our collection. Its key frequency (F3 / 174.6 Hz) is one of the lowest in our collection of bass flutes, a frequency it produces from "Otsu no Ro" notation. It brings a warm vibration in our body, a sense of relief and peace of mind. For comfort we recommend blowing this flute in a cross-legged sitting posture (half-lotus) and resting the root end of the flute (ura-guchi) on the floor. The same exercise of blowing and finding this frequency makes us vibrate chudan (middle) and posterior zones, back and all the core, as well as the gedan (lower) zone of the body, such as legs, relaxing these parts of the tensions. This flute has a strategic placement of the holes for better fingering comfort. As it is a bass, it requires better mastery of fingering and breathing, which leads the practitioner to develop a better management of his hara-lower breathing. This bass belongs to our high-end professional line of Jinashi 地無し type flutes with root end. The naturalness of bamboo sound in one breath. Excellent resonance due to the thick bamboo walls.
If you are looking for a flute with professional natural deep tone, responsible resonance, aesthetics and impeccable appearance, balanced, accurately tuned: You are in the right place. We are introducing our Shakuhachi Chokan Yoshin Series, high-quality long bamboo flutes. Professional flutes handmade by master Zapata's finest personally selected colombian with and without root-end strong bamboo, to create a perfect wind instrument with an unmatched tone that only the colombian bamboo can offers. The flutes have a natural balance given by the weight of the bamboo thickness. The Yoshin series has beautiful teeths on the root-end (The base of rhizome).
Cured and dried for 2-years before the flute handcrafting work in a delicate and patient process done personally by master Zapata to obtain a flute ready for concert, studio recording or home study practice.
This bamboo has been cultivated at 1000-1400 meters of altitude and strengthened by different temperatures for almost 3 years. Strong bamboo that is used by the Colombian building industry for many years in large-scale architectural constructions due to its physical-mechanical properties as a renewable alternative to conventional materials.
The flute is signed with the personal seal of the luthier (Hanko) on the back. It comes with a certificate of authenticity. Includes flavoring incense, blowing and notation (fingering) chart, blowing instructions and a cloth bag to store the instrument (cloth bag available upon delivery, reference photo). The flute stand is sold separately.
( ! ) Reference photos. All of our Shakuhachi flutes in this series are similar in bamboo appearance and aesthetics. The other decorative items shown in the photographs, other than the flute and cloth bag, are not included with the purchase of this product ( ! ).
( ! ) Each Shakuhachi is inspected and handcrafted by the master Ricardo Zapata. Professional bamboo flute instrument of high quality. All the zen flutes are made of selected colombian bamboo and each of them is labeled with the hanko of Ricardo Zapata (logo seal). This instrument has been accurately tuned. Quality audition proof to the owner personally made by Zapata Sensei to demonstrate the tuning and audio perfection for this instrument. ( ! )
DOUBTS ABOUT THIS PRODUCT ?. BEFORE PURCHASING READ THESE STUDENTS EXPERIENCES. OUR COMMUNITY MEMBERS SPEAK:
F3 CHOKAN YOSHIN SHAKUHACHI
Place your pre-order on this product page. The photo of this product is a reference. All our flutes in this series are very similar and carry the same standard of finish, 100% Colombian materials, unique master Zapata aesthetics and quality workmanship. This handcrafting process can take 10 to 15 days before it is fully packaged and shipped to your address. A video will be recorded and shared with you, demonstrating the performance and quality of the flute we will send you, with photos of the product and the real live sound of the instrument. This product is not eligible for return or exchange (T&C apply).
1. Take to the shopping cart your pre-order, read and accept our terms and conditions, privacy policies. And place your order providing your correct shipping address, phone number and full name (at this point your order has not yet been accepted and processed).
2. Send the following requested documentation within 24 hours through our online chat, without it we will not process your order. After this time and without this information, your order will be canceled and will not be processed:
2.1 Send your national identity document.
2.2 Send a picture of you holding the same identity document you are sending us.
(We request this information for your own safety and ours. We want to know that you are really the person placing the order, that you know our policies, terms and conditions and avoid online fraud).
3. Make your payment from the payment instructions we will send you. Without this payment 100% credited to our account we will not process your order in our workshop. This handcrafting process can take 10 to 15 days.
4. Watch the flute audition video when we send it to you and immediately fill out and sign the authorization form stating that you have clearly seen the video and that you agree with the instrument you have heard and seen, in appearance, materials and features, that we are sending to you and that you will receive by quality courier.
5. Your flute is packed and shipped by mail, and you will be sent a tracking link that we can both follow (T&C shipping policy apply). You should be aware that this product may generate taxes when arriving in your country and it is up to you, not us, to pay these applicable taxes.
Enjoy your blowing & sound experience with this wonderful instrument. Feel free to contact us through our official channels on this page if you have any questions. We are always willing to answer.